The primary functions of your role, in line with the Responsibilities are outlined below:
- Promote and grow the AHK Mozambique business;
- Consult both internally and externally (when requested by clients) on technical matters relating to commodity surveying services Alfred H Knight provides in the region;
- Alfred H Knight are an independent provider of inspection and testing services. Established in 1881, AHK operates in more than 40 countries with a well-earned reputation for providing reliable, professional services;
- We provide specialist services for a wide range of commodities within base and minor metals, steel raw materials, ferroalloys, precious metals, platinum group metals, industrial minerals, solid fuels and fertilisers. Our clients include miners, smelters, refineries, traders, financial institutions and government bodies.
To be successful at Alfred H Knight, you will need to display the following:
Required Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Advanced IT system and process knowledge for all operational processes;
- Networking skills. Ability to collaborate, cooperate and network effectively within a demanding, culturally diverse matrix organization;
- International exposure and mind-set, combined with cultural sensitivity and effectiveness in a multicultural environment;
- Emotionally intelligent, persuasive and articulate, enabling cooperation and collaboration at all levels;
- Accomplished ability to understand and operate effectively in a fast paced environment;
- Accomplished expertise in communicating up, down and laterally in a clear and concise manner;
- Accomplished ability to understand, interpret and execute given guidance with minimal supervision;
- Be structured and have the ability to operate under time sensitive pressures;
- Understand the customer and the customer culture – including the motivations, freedoms/ constraints and expectations;
- Create and maintain collegiate, efficient, respectful and mutually valuable relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Innovative and able to think laterally to develop solutions to client issues and to develop service level;
- Ability to interact effectively with clients and other staff members of Alfred H Knight in Mozambique and within the Group;
- Exhibit flexibility in approach and understanding of the business;
- Demonstrate good attention to detail;
- Be able to work in a team;
- Ability to work with minimum supervision;
- Good timekeeping.
Required Work Experience
- Desirable experience of working within the metals and minerals sector.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent professional certification and experience.
- Highly proficient in English and Portuguese (Verbal and written);
- Mandarin speaking would be an advantage.
- Travel as required both domestically and internationally;
- Must have the ability for spontaneous travel;
- Must have a valid passport and ability to obtain visas as necessary;
- Must have valid driver’s licence.
We are offering an excellent opportunity with a salary to match.
How to Apply
Closing Date: 04 January 2022
Applications for the above position are invited from suitably qualified interested parties.
Interested parties should send a Cover Letter, CV, copy of ID and driver’s license, Matric certificate and any other qualification certificates to email@example.com SUBJECT: Business Development Manager (Mozambique)).
Job Type: Full-Time