N´weti is a well-referenced, dynamic Mozambican organization working since 2008 to bring about positive social and behavior change in relation to Malaria, sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR), HIV, gender-based violence (GBV), family planning and other health areas. We seek qualified candidates for the position Chief of Party (CoP) for an upcoming, USAID-funded comprehensive social and behavior change (SBC) program as the requirements below. (Ref. Nº 33/2021)
Availability of the position is contingent upon issuance of a USAID Request for Applications, and selection of final applicant is subject to USAID approval.
The COP will provide overall vision and leadership for the project; develop annual work plans and ensure successful implementation; and assume technical and management responsibility for all project personnel, including consultants. S/he will possess both deep applied experience in SBC implementation in LMICs, and demonstrated abilities in leadership; strategic thinking; development of effective teams; and change management. S/he must also have a demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively and efficiently with host country agencies, including central and local governments, development partners, civil society, and community-based organizations. Experience in malaria SBC is preferred. He/she will be the primary liaison for the project with USAID, other donors and institutions, implementing partners, technical agencies and other stakeholders, ensuring alignment and harmonization with other programming where appropriate, including public/private sector partnerships. He/she will be responsible for the successful implementation of the project, including achievement of program targets; submission of all program deliverables to USAID; and identification and resolution of issues and risks related to program implementation. He/she will oversee the development and monitoring of work plans and budgets; ensure appropriate levels of technical assistance in program operations; and coordinate partner efforts in program implementation. He/she will be ultimately responsible for award management, including compliance with N´weti, USAID/PEFAR policies and procedures for prime award management, sound financial monitoring and control and sub award management.
To be considered for the position, you must meet the following qualification requirements:
- At least 10 years demonstrated experience in the design and monitoring of effective, evidence-based health SBC, health communication and/or health promotion programs;
- At least 5 years of demonstrated experience in the management of a complex, multi-country project;
- A Master’s degree in public health or other related area, or bachelor’s degree with at least five years additional relevant experience;
- Demonstrated leadership success in achieving SBC project results including the use of innovative SBC approaches;
- Demonstrated knowledge/experience of USAID policies, procedures and approaches related to program design/implementation, budgeting, monitoring and evaluation;
- Solid and up to date knowledge of current and emerging issues, strategies, and evidence in SBC;
- Demonstrated capacity to build and maintain productive working relationships with a wide network of partners and stakeholders;
- Minimum of five years of experience supervising professional staff;
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English.
How to Apply
Interested candidates, may submit the application until November 24, 2021 through the link:
Job Type: Full-Time