A company based in Maputo, is recruiting a Facilities Maintenance manager for Tete.
The facilities maintenance technician carries out skilled technical duties involving repair, maintenance, replacement, installation of heating, air-conditioning and distribution systems. His/her job description includes fixing, repairing and performing troubleshooting on all boilers, heat pumps, air-conditioning, chillers and refrigeration units. He/she carries out minimal maintenance activities to an appreciably complicated level in the area of electrical and mechanical system safety. The individual for this position under the direction and leadership of the facilities maintenance organization will work towards attaining maintenance goals and company objectives. The role of facilities maintenance technicians also entails scheduling, planning and carrying out preventive and corrective maintenance job duties on electrical or mechanical system and appliances under the recommendations of the facilities organization. His/her job will entail troubleshooting and overseeing abnormalities to aid smooth operations in a timely manner. A prospective candidate for this post will take part in root cause evaluation of electrical mechanical equipment’s and then perform corrective action for progressive improvements. This will involve modification and installation work on existing and new mechanical units. The maintenance technician for a facility will also contract service providers, supervise, coordinate and sponsor contractors to carry out work activities in relation to service terms of agreement and procedures. It may be obligatory for an individual vying for this position to carry out diverse conventional tasks as well as highly skilled mechanical activities such as plumbing, electrical, HVAC and welding. He/she will also need to basically engage in trade work in specific areas or in specialized skills involving multiple trades. Multiple tasks in this sense may include repair, maintenance, alteration, installation, fabrication, construction and creation of facility units which require utilization of skills in problem solving, teamwork, communication, giving attention to detail and abiding by safety guidelines.
- Fully in-charge of Electrical/Mechanical, HVAC and plumbing on a residential housing estate;
- Responsible for all day-to-day activities;
- Follow up with various departments within the company in all Project related matters of the operation of the Project;
- Responsible for planning and scheduling of all activities of the Project to achieve timely completion of planned and reactive maintenance;
- Fully responsible for all supplier contractual issues related to the day-to-day running of the Project;
- Responsible for managing technical staff, gardeners and pool maintanance staff;
- To determine all Project requirements (Technical and General);
- To receive all project related instructions from the Client, project manager and transmit, communicate, and arrange effective action in co-ordination with the site Management;
- To attend all technical related meeting with Client/project manager;
- Assignment of all maintenance related activities to all resources;
- To evaluate the requirements of all technical resources (materials, machinery, manpower) as per schedule and arrange for the availability of the same.
Requirements – Knowledge, Skills and Abilities for the position
- Degree in either Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, knowledge of civil works would be advantageous;
- Outstanding application of “common-sense” intelligence to perform instructions;
- Outstanding skills in resolving issues related to diverse general variables in regulated conditions;
- More than 10 years of experience in supervising a technical team in a similar environment;
- Good interpersonal and computer skills with general knowledge skills;
- Offer guidance to senior management and client on maintenance and equipment end of life (EOL) issues using ROI, and other analytical techniques;
- Provide oversight for budget development and execution, and capital planning;
- Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, with high expectations;
- Self-starter. Strong evidence of driving goals with minimal day-to-day supervision;
- CV (English) detailing relevant experiences and references that can be consulted;
- Fluent in English and Portuguese Eliminatory factor;
- Domain of computer use and Office packages;
- Immediate availability.
How to Apply
Note: Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications (CV’s in English and all relevant documents including contactable references) via the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. During the hiring process, candidates will be asked to present a criminal record certificate.
Job Type: Full-Time