The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is seeking a Junior Associate, Administration to support the office administration and logistics to the Country Manager and project teams. This position will be based in Maputo, Mozambique.
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is a Swiss-based foundation launched at the UN in 2002 to tackle the human suffering caused by malnutrition. Working with both governments and businesses, we aim to transform food systems so that they deliver more nutritious food for all people. In particular, we aim to make healthier food choices more desirable, more available, and more affordable. GAIN’s mission is to advance nutrition outcomes by improving consumption of nutritious and safe food for all people, especially the most vulnerable to malnutrition.
About the Role
Reporting to the Office Manager, the postholder will support the Office Manager and Project Managers in the implementation of the projects. You will oversee office administration and logistics and provide administrative and project support to the Country Manager and project teams.
Key Responsibilities include
- Supporting the Office Manager in meeting arrangements, which include arranging meeting rooms, drafting and disseminating meeting agendas, preparing briefing notes, etc;
- Supporting in the organization of meeting and workshops for GAIN programs, including travel arrangements, meeting logistics and security;
- Drafting correspondence including reports, contracts and other administrative documents;
- Liaising with international visitors and providing necessary support for acquiring business visas;
- Assisting in the coordination of delivery of goods from suppliers, managing records and keeping a fixed asset registry as per national requirements;
- Ensuring timely customs clearing and follow up with government offices as required;
- Assisting with overseeing transportation and vehicle management, liaising with country finance to ensure timely payments and control of transportation logs.
- The ideal candidate should have previous experience in an administrative role. You should be proactive with a commitment to quality and accuracy with close attention to detail;
- The postholder should possess effective oral and written communication skills in an environment requiring diplomacy and good judgment in managing interactions with individuals at all levels inside and outside an organization. Also, you should be reliable and enjoy working in a multi-cultural, cross functional team with flexible and adaptable approach to work;
- In addition, you should have the ability to prioritize, multi-task and work well under pressure with frequent deadlines. You should be high flexibility and occasional availability to work outside regular working hours and willing to travel in country occasionally.
About our Offer
The starting salary on offer for this role is from USD15,659 per annum, depending on experience.
GAIN has a fair and competitive salary structure that allows for annual progression subject to good performance. In addition, GAIN offers a total of 37 days holiday per year (including annual leave, public holidays and additional office closure days), an attractive pension scheme and competitive insurance cover including health, travel and life assurance.
We are committed to the health of our staff, especially in these challenging times, and have developed a programme of wellbeing that includes flexible working, additional leave allowances, wellbeing days, mindfulness coaching and access to independent and confidential counselling.
GAIN also has a strong commitment to professional development. We will support you to grow in your career through both formal and informal training, and are committed to providing opportunities through internal recruitment, secondments and promotion. All of this is delivered in a supportive and collaborative environment.
How to Apply
For more detailed information please see the attached job description. To apply, follow the “Apply Now” link.
This advert closes on 14th January 2022. Early applications are encouraged. GAIN reserves the right to close this advert early should we receive suitable candidates ahead of the closing date. Applicants must have the existing right to live and work in Mozambique. Please note that GAIN is currently unable to sponsor working visas.
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition is committed to equality of opportunity and creating an inclusive environment where diversity is valued. We are keen to reflect the diversity of our society at every level within our organisation and therefore welcome applications from talented and committed people from all backgrounds, representing the diverse societies we operate in.
Job Type: Full-Time