VillageReach is hiring a Deputy Chief of Party/Operations Director based in Maputo.
VillageReach transforms health care delivery to reach everyone, so that each person has the health care needed to thrive. We develop solutions that improve equity and access to primary health care. This includes making sure products are available when and where they are needed and primary health care services are delivered to the most under-reached. Radical collaboration with governments, the private sector and other partners strengthen our ability to scale and sustain these solutions. Our work increases access to quality health care for more than 46 million people in sub-Saharan Africa. VillageReach in incorporated in Washington State and has offices in Seattle (USA), Democratic Republic of Congo, Malawi, and Mozambique.
VillageReach has received a solicitation from USAID to submit an application for a Last Mile Supply Chain Project that will cover 4- 5 provinces in Mozambique, starting in Zambezia province. The project goal is to improve the availability of medical commodities, including lab samples, at the site level where needed for testing and treatment to enable the achievement of USAID and Ministry of Health (MISAU) goals. It aims to do this by establishing a functional and bi-directional supply chain system for medical commodities and creating effective and efficient transportation systems. The project is expected to last for 5 years and is expected to start in the 1st quarter of 2018. VillageReach is looking to fill the Deputy Chief of Party/Operations Director position for this project. The Deputy Chief of Party/Operations Director reports to the Mozambique Country Director and has “dotted line” reporting responsibility to the Group Lead,
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time.
Transport Cost Improvement (LOE: 60%)
- Work with Solution Cost analyst in maintaining and improving cost model and cost analysis tools and reports;
- Leads analysis of Total Delivery Cost baseline, savings target setting and validation of cost improvements versus agreed baseline;
- Lead monthly and quarterly cost analysis and reporting activities and runs session with CMAM and SPS in collaboration with Technical Director;
- Works with Technical Director and 4PL to define and agree cost improvement plans with a focus on cost improvement targets
- Leads govt. capacity development in transport cost analysis, management and forecasting and supports govt. budget development
Finance & Operations. Last Mile Supply Chain Project Management & Oversight (LOE: 10%)
- Responsible for the financial management of the Last Mile Supply Chain Project including budgeting, accounting, reporting, procurement
- Act as principle point of contact for USAID on all financial and administrative aspects of the program
- In collaboration with the Chief of Party and Mozambique Country Director, manage development and submission of project reporting
- Design and document systems and procedures to enhance efficient, effective and compliant operation of the program
- Integrate and coordinate program operations and financial management into existing VillageReach enterprise-wide systems
- Partner with HQ Finance & Operations in the development of local and enterprise-wide systems to meet program requirements
Compliance & Risk Management (LOE: 10%)
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate use of project resources and monitoring compliance with all donor and organizational requirements at all levels of the project
- Responsible for developing, strengthening and monitoring the control environment for financial transactions and asset management to meet the compliance requirements of the program and the organization
- Assure that the program operates in compliance with local labor and NGO laws, regulations and statues
- Analyze and manage risk management issues of program and Mozambique Country Office operations
Financial Management (LOE:10%)
- Responsible for budget development, oversight, forecasting, and adjustments for the program
- Prepare regular and special budget reports for analysis and decision-making
- Determine cash flow requirements of the program
- Manage financial and A-133 audits as they relate to program operations and Mozambique country operations
- Coordinate with HQ Finance & Operations on financial reporting and financial management for accurate local and consolidated accounting records
The following competencies reflect what is expected of all VillageReach employees; including examples of how one might demonstrate each of these competencies in one’s role.
- Personal Motivation and Drive: Is self-directed in one’s approach to work, but asks for help when needed; holds oneself accountable; undertakes self-development activities; seeks to build and master new skills; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities within the organization
- Collaboration & Effective Communication: Establishes and maintains effective relations with coworkers, partners & stakeholders and external parties; works collaboratively with others to accomplish organizational and team goals and objectives; works actively to resolve conflicts; expresses ideas and thoughts effectively; selects and uses appropriate communication methods and maintains meaningful communication with virtual coworkers and other parties to keep them informed
- Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion: Takes personal responsibility for and supports others across the organization in creating and sustaining a diverse work environment where individuals are welcomed, valued, respected and supported; personally committed to attaining cultural competency including self-awareness of one’s own attitudes about culture and cross-cultural interactions; exhibits the willingness and ability to engage openly and respectfully around issues of race, colonialism, identity and culture; upholds equity in access to sharing of information, ideas, and opportunities throughout VillageReach
- Commitment to Excellence: Produces a high output of work, both in terms of quality and quantity; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; monitors work to ensure quality; has a personal commitment to the mission of VillageReach
- Solution Orientation & Innovation: Focuses on results and desired outcomes and how to best achieve them; gets the job done; sees opportunities for creative problem-solving while staying within the parameters of good practice; sees old problems in new ways and has novel approaches to solving those problems; contributes original and/or resourceful ideas to their area of responsibility; is able to consider and articulate risks and consequences of proposed innovations and factor these into decision-making
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Supervise finance staff working on this program. Supervisors are expected to carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; monitoring performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education & Experience
- Master’s Degree in Public or Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related field plus 7 years of experience or a Bachelor’s degree with 9 years of experience managing grants or contracts of a similar scope of work and budget
- Experience managing a USAID, PEPFAR or other US government funded program required
- Experience and knowledge in fiscally managing all aspects of at least one large multimillion US dollar USG funded contract or agreement required
- Must have strong writing and organizational skills for reporting on program and study results
- Demonstrated capacity to liaise and negotiate with key stakeholders in Government and other organizations
- Demonstrated capacity to support and supervise staff
- Demonstrated skills in organizing, tracking, and monitoring resources and establishing priorities
- Fluency in English; strong oral and written communication skills in Portuguese preferred.
- Established cultural competency in partnering with racial, cultural and linguistically diverse groups.
- Demonstrated understanding of challenges with working in rural, underserved and low-income context; experience living in and/or working in a low-income country a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel) and comfortable in a fast-paced technical environment.
Environment and Physical Demands
VillageReach has no private offices, employees work in a shared, open environment with task and conference rooms accessible to employees for privacy and meetings. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Due to the time zone differences between our Seattle office and our Country Offices and location of other global staff, US based staff are expected to be available for early morning meetings starting at 6am. In addition, our global HQ and Country office staff are expected to be available for late afternoon/evening meetings up to 6pm.
How to Apply
This is an immediate hire and therefore resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis until November 30th , 2021. To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter to our online portal: http://www.villagereach.org/join-us/
VillageReach is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. We believe that diverse, equitably weighted perspectives foster an organizational capacity to create novel solutions that improve health in the most underserved and hard-to-reach areas. To align our values, innovations and impact, VillageReach is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse global workforce.
VillageReach has an established compensation structure that is based on the relevant market and internally transparent. We hire people into the established range based on one’s experience and education and considering internal equity. We do not inquire about salary history.
VillageReach reserves the right to close the process early if it has identified the ideal candidate
Job Type: Full-Time
Vista em: https://altojob.mais-moz.com/