FHI 360 is seeking a Project Director based in Pemba.
The Project Director will be responsible for providing overall vision, leadership and guidance of the project. S/he will be the project’s main point of contact for FCDO and all other stakeholders. The Project Director will also be responsible for overall project management and technical operations to ensure that the project tasks are completed, and the objectives of the project are successfully met. It is expected that the Project Director will be located in Pemba with anticipated project funded travel throughout the northern region of the country.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead FHI 360’s team and serve as the primary point of contact with the FCDO regarding the day-to-day activity implementation and management matters relating to the project;
- Ensure that all assistance provided by the project is technically sound and appropriate for the needs to be addressed;
- Manage and supervise the work of project personnel and consultants;
- Serve as the primary point of contact for information on the progress and current status of all project activities;
- Establish appropriate monitoring mechanisms to ensure that activity progress and specific implementation concerns are regularly and promptly reported and that project objectives are met;
- Manage the preparation and presentation of work plans, M&E plans, and all reports;
- Facilitate ongoing project learning and adaptive management;
- Ensure that solid relationships are built and maintained between and among FHI 360 and sub-awardee project staff, FCDO, and key local stakeholders and partners.
- At least 8 years of experience successfully managing complex international programs (implementation, logistics, budgeting, staffing), preferably those funded by FCDO and those conducted in Mozambique or other Sub-Saharan African countries;
- Master’s degree from an accredited university in a relevant field required;
- Demonstrated success across the whole range of project management responsibilities including: strategic program planning; work planning and budgeting; financial, administrative, contractual management and oversight;
- Experience designing and implementing preventing or countering violent extremism (P/CVE), community development and resilience, youth engagement, peacebuilding, and/or civic education activities;
- Demonstrated success in relationship management with multiple clients; oversight of program monitoring and evaluation; and documentation of results for FCDO-funded programs;
- Fluency in speaking, reading and writing in English and Portuguese required;
- Excellent interpersonal and intercultural skills with demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively in team situations, as well as mentor national staff;
- Past representational experience with host governments, other donors, and civil society;
- Demonstrated strategic planning, staff development and capacity building experience; and
- Strong analytical capacity.
How to Apply
Availability of position is contingent upon award to FHI 360. Selection of final applicant is subject to FCDO approval.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal or use the link bellow: