A NORWEGIAN REFUGEE COUNCIL (NRC), a non-profit humanitarian organization, is recruiting a Safety and Security (HSS) Officer, based in Mueda.
Scope of position
The Safety and Security Officer will provide a range of security support within an area, country or other location.
- Promote and stimulate Health Safety and Security risk management culture;
- Provide Area management group (AMG) with advice based on changes to the context;
- Oversee and support Area Office HSS risk management to staff, assets, operation, and reputation of NRC;
- Implement the NRC Global HSS Management System at the area level and provide reports as required;
- Develop and maintain area HSS documents and procedures;
- Act as an adviser to the Area incident management team leader during a crisis;
- Conduct Security Risk Analysis (SRA) and status reviews under the supervision of CO HSS Manager;
- Manage HSS staff at the area office level;
- Help to organize trainings for HSS staff on area level;
- Network, communicate and cooperate with relevant external HSS actors in the area.
- Collect information on ongoing and forecasted security issues, and share information with staff in a timely manner; maintain information on these incidents in NRC records
- Keep management updated on key events and contextual developments that may impact on health, safety and security.
- Deliver and document HSS briefing to staff as needed. This includes HSS briefing to new staffs and visitors at area level.
- Liaise with key stakeholders and maintain strong relationships in order to facilitate access for implementation of program activities. Key relationships include but are not limited to INGO Forum members, key ministries, community leaders, security forces, other NGOs, other actors.
- Work closely with Logistics to ensure proper health, safety, and security resources and equipment are available and in good working order, in line with minimum standards and operational requirements.
- By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are:
- All departments/ NRC Staff
- Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
- These are skills, knowledge, and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies for this position:
- Minimum 1-year experience working as an HSS Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Demonstrated prior experience as a trainer.
- Valid driver’s license.
Fluency in English and Portuguese
Context/Specific skills, knowledge, and experience:
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and network-building skills
- Contextual analysis skills related to the political, social, health, and security situation
- Knowledge of Swahili is a plus.**Behavioral competencies
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioral competencies, and the following are essential for this position:
- Handling complex and insecure environments
- Empowering and building trust
- Planning and delivering results
The employee will be accountable for the responsibilities and the competencies, in accordance with the NRC Performance Management Manual. The following documents will be used for performance reviews:
- The Job Description
- The Work and Development Plan
- The Mid-term/End-of-trial Period Performance Review Template
- The End-term Performance Review Template
- The NRC Competency Framework.
How to Apply
To apply, bring your physical CV or send it in ENGLISH to MZ.Recruitment@nrc.no. The last day to apply is December 25, 2021.
NB: Only the selected candidates will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-Time
Vista em: https://altojob.mais-moz.com/