The Director of Human Resources (HR) is an in-house position that will provide experienced input and/or lead on governance issues relating to employment practices, and provide expertise and support in the areas of Recruitment, Performance Management, Employee Relations, Employee Engagement, Diversity & Inclusion, Policy and Procedure Development and enforcement, and HR Compliance.
- Reports directly to the Country Director or her/his designee
- Direct reports may include: HR Manager and/or HR Assistant
- Director or HR position will work closely with the Country Director, Deputy Director, Director of Finance and Administration on management issues.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES (Modifications may be made at any time)
Key Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Create and update policies, procedures, and guidelines as needed.
- Work with iDE Global office on key HR issues and appropriately secure approval on required HR policies, procedures and practices.
- Lead hiring processes for iDE Mozambique in coordination with Country Director.
- Manage and/or support iDE Project specific recruitment efforts. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: creation and review of job descriptions and Terms of Reference (TOR), posting of position, selection of candidate, creation of offer letter, and coordination with other departments for successful onboarding of new staff.
- Manage performance appraisal process and assist with goal development.
- Lead in coaching, counseling and advising management and staff to ensure resolution of employment related matters.
- Lead the exit interview process.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation. Ensure adherence to local legal requirements in addition to advising management on needed actions to remain compliant.
- Ensure submission of staff timesheets and the accurate recording and allocation of time.
- Develop and implement strategies to increase diversity & inclusion within the iDE Mozambique office and projects.
- Design and implement strategies for employee engagement and retention
- Coordination of staff meetings
- Establish a Learning and Development function to support professional development of employees across the business.
- Design, prepare and analyze HR metrics and provide reports that support decision making in specified areas.
- Implement new, and enhance existing staff recognition and reward programs.
- Manage HR software system
- Participate in partner meetings, business development efforts, and reporting as delegated by iDE Country Director.
- Bachelor’s degree required (Master’s degree preferred),
- Preferred more than 5 years of HR experience in the above areas.
- Thorough understanding and experience with HR policies and procedures, and understanding of Mozambique Labor Laws.
- Familiarity with all aspects of HR, including compensation, recruitment, benefits, training etc.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Ability to lead meetings and presentations, and to interface with all levels of staff with tact and diplomacy.
- Must be a collaborative team player, possess a strong customer service orientation, and be a consultative problem solver.
- Ability to advocate for both staff and management.
- Highly proactive style of work, with a demonstrated track record of developing innovative approaches.
- Must be able to work independently and in teams, as well as demonstrate excellent judgement on when to escalate issues to the Country Director.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Proficiency with Google suite, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
- Working business proficiency in Portuguese and English
Benefits and pay are varied, depending on position offered.
iDE, formerly International Development Enterprises, is an international nonprofit organization that promotes a business approach to increasing income and creating livelihood opportunities for poor rural households.
Vista em: https://altojob.mais-moz.com/